Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend






So Easter weekend was really great!! I can't tell you how much energy I have again, now that all this diabetes stuff is being taken care of. Things are going pretty good with that by the way.
There is still snow on the ground here at Easter, so the base does an indoor egg hunt for the kids in one of the hangars. We went to that yesterday and had a blast. The 1-4 year olds went first and Ava thought it was cool. Then the people spread out more eggs and the next age group gets to go. Evan was in that group and he just ran and got a whole bunch of eggs including one that had a piece of paper with a number on it. That meant that he got a prize. It was an 8 pack of bubbles. So when we got back from the hunt, I parked in the driveway so that he could blow bubbles in the garage. It was still too chilly for him at 10 in the morning.
Today, the kids loved their baskets and then we got ready to go to church. Ava was a little toot and was not happy about her picture being taken. Hence, the new picture in the heading. I got to sing "His Hands" in sacrament meeting and that was cool. It felt very nostalgic. Like being back in Seguin where I got to sing every year.
This has been a great weekend.




3 comments:

Melina said...

I love the pics!!! The kids are so cute!

Russ and Erin said...

Sheesh I want a little girl just like Boo, I mean Ava, lol! Cute pictures!

Linds said...

Adorable!! That's quite the Easter egg hunt. So much fun!!