Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ava learns


So Ava is going t0 be ONE year old tomorrow. Actually, she was born at 12:03 am, so I guess she will officially be one in a little less then 2 hours.
I can't believe a year has gone by that fast. It was just last February that we got up here to Alaska and now Ava is one!!!!
She is getting her first two teeth right now-the two front bottom ones. She is cruising and crawling all over the place. She is still very weary about walking, even when we hold her hands but, if she learns how to walk the way she learned how to crawl, it won't take very much.
The other thing is that she doesn't sleep through the night yet. She has never slept through the night on a regular basis and therefore, I have not either. She has been waking up about every 4 hours. But, lastnight, we started letting her cry it out or using the ferber method. this is when you put them down and give them their comfort item and them let them soothe themselves to sleep, they sleep longer and understand that they don't need to eat, or rock or cuddle, etc. to get back to sleep. As long as they are crying, you go back in every 5, 10, 15, lay them down, no talking and so on, until they fall asleep. Then on night 2, you start with 10 minutes and so on. When she woke up at midnight lastnight, I only had to go in at the 5 and 10 minute intervals. When she woke up at 4am I had to go in at 5, 10, and 15 minute intervals.
Tonight so far, she doesn't like being in there at all. Since 10pm I have been in there twice and boy was she not happy when I didn't pick her up and hold her.
It's hard on me. I never thought I would be one of those mom's that got all sentimental and stuff when my child cries. But boy do I. I did the same thing with Evan when he was a baby too. Almost time to go in again...Ahhhhhhh!!!!

No comments: