Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ear Infections and Sore Throats

So, at 3:45 pm last Monday, I got a call from Evan's teacher, Ms. Armstrong. She said that at the end of the day he said his ear war hurting really bad and strated crying, but since we live on the other side of the base from the school she knew the quickest way to get him home would be the school bus. So he gets off the bus and is holding his ear. He saw me and started crying. I said "I know. I know. Let's go get some medicine from the store and make you feel better." But then he just started wailing so I decided to take him to the ER seeing as it was too late in the day to get a DR. Appt. (The whole military, living on base thing is crap when it comes to medical care most of the time.) So we go to the ER and I call James at work to come get Ava. (Emergency room issues are the only time he can get out of work.) Evan was triaged and the gave him some Motrin for the pain. (The wonder drug of the military) But it worked and the 4 and 1/2 hours later, Evan's pain was still gone and there was still one person in front of us. My thought was, "We are leaving and if it truely is an ear infection it will still be hurting tomorrow and I will get a reall DR's appointment in the morning." So that's exactly what happened. But it's Double ear infections and 10 days of pink liquid Amoxicillin. (which he doesn't seem to mind.)
I woke up on Friday with a sore throat. It hurt off and on that day, but yesterday morning I was fine. Then we got home from a Primary Activity and I just crashed. It almost feels like the flu. My friend and her son both had strep thoat last week and the week before, so I hope it's not that.
AND, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't let Ava get sick. When your babies, who can't talk and tell you what hurts get sick, it's the worst. It almost makes you feel like a failure and all you want to do is make the hurt go away. Cross your fingers!!!!!!

2 comments:

Alexa said...

Oh, I'm sorry you guys have all that sicky stuff going on! Yeah, we'll be crossing our fingers that Ava doesn't get sick -- I know what you mean about sick babies being so tough! I hope y'all get feeling better soon.

Linds said...

Sick babies are the WORST, I have to agree with you. I'm sorry you are all sick. Get plenty of rest and drink a TON of orange juice.