Thursday, September 11, 2008

Time Out for Women

So, This last weekend was Time Out for Women in Anchorage, Alaska. It was the first time they had been to Alaska and it was really neat because Hillary Weeks is from here and so her parents were here and got to see her perform and such.
As always, like the dork I am, I forgot my camera on both Friday night and Saturday, so no pictures but it was great. Of Course!!
Friday night Hillary Weeks performed and we heard talks from Sister Wendy Watson Nelson (married to Elder Russel M Nelson of the Quorm of the Twelve) and Sheri Dew. Between the two of their talks, we had a little Q & A and someone asked how it was that Sister Nelson came to meet Elder Nelson and so we got to hear that cool story, told by both Sister Nelson and Sister Dew. They are best friends and they just play off eachother and tease and everything. It was soooo cool.
Saturday, I was able to hear Emily Watts and S. Michael Wilcox. I absolutely love both of them. It wasn't the first time I have seen and heard Brother Wilcox. He was at the very first TOFW I went to in Texas several years ago. But it was the first time I heard Sister Watts, though I have several of her books and talks on CD. Same with Bro. Wilcox.
I left at lunch time because I wasn't feeling well, but before I left I was able to get Hillary Weeks to sign her book that I had bought form the book store there. By the way, her new CD is coming out in a week or so and it is going to be awesome. She sang several of her new songs that are on that CD. Most she, of course, wrote and she also sang one in which Tyler Castleton wrote and it was awesome. I just can't seem to remember the name of it all of a sudden. I must be gettin' old.




2 comments:

Linds said...

It's sounds like you had a good time. I also read some of your older posts and saw how you are into "Twilight" too. So fun! It's great, isn't it?

Linds said...

Hey, I'm going to be making my blog private. So I need your email address so I can send you and invite and you can keep reading it. You can email it to me at weaser05@yahoo.com or just put it on my blog.