Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Autumn.....


*Big Breath In*
*Hold*
*Let it out*
I absolutely love the Fall. In Texas, Fall is later than normal and it doesn't get that cold. Here in Alaska, it is right where it should be, but only lasts for a few weeks and is cooler than most. The last couple of weeks and 25 degrees at 9 o'clock in the morning, to be precise. BUT, the season brings with it a certain feel, smell, look; very nostalgic somehow and I LOVE IT!!!!
The trees are very gold, orange, yellow and red right now and leaves are piling up on the ground underneath them. Kids running around with lite jackets on throwing those leaves in the air reminds me of school and then I think about all those Friday night football games down there in Texas and it makes me want nachos, a hot dog and rootbeer. :D Hee hee!!!

No, I did not take this picture, but it is a very accurate... no pretty much exactly what it looks like about 10 miles down the road toward our chapel in Eagle River. It is absolutely breath taking to come up over the hill and see that right in front of you. Oh the works of our Heavenly Father.
*Big Breath In*
*Hold It*
*And sigh*

1 comment:

Linds said...

Beautiful! I would love to come up to Alaska and visit. But I would never want to live there. TOO COLD!! I love Fall too, things here are just starting to change. I'm soaking it in because this will be our last "real" Fall. Next year we'll be in AZ and they don't really have much of a Fall there.